17 May Tears and laughter: The role of emotion in learning
|Dates||17 MAY / 2018|
|Times||10.00 – 11.00am|
|Speakers||Caroline Freeman, Director of Design, Brightwave Group. Hosted by Donald Taylor of the Learning and Skills Group|
With information ubiquitous and colleague experience becoming an ever-greater priority, certain expectations of L&D are changing:
While the digital learning experience has focused on making the learner know something, it’s becoming more important to make today’s learner feel something.
To drive productivity and engagement in the enterprise means to engage and enthuse your learners. This isn’t done through the delivery of facts or complex technical pedagogies – it’s done through our emotions.
Covered in this session:
- Why L&D needs to deliver authentically engaging experiences
- The neuroscience linking behaviour change to emotional engagement
- How to design learning technologies that win hearts AND minds
- How video-based and gamified solutions can be directed towards affective change
- Real-life examples of digital learning that successfully appeals to the emotions.
View the slides from the session here:
To talk to Caroline or any of our experts on how to bring the power of emotion to your digital blends, click here.